Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gritting my teeth...

The boys in my life have been ill the last few days. So far I have managed to avoid flu/cold like symptoms. However, as the designated "well" person in the house my days have not been filled with roses and happy music. Today Husband went back to work. I am now alone with two boys who are still too sick for school but not sick enough to want to be home. To top it off Husband and I are practicing having one car (the idea being if we can do it for a month without going crazy, we will sell one car) and I foolishly said "hey go ahead and take the car today honey, the boys are sick and we won't be going anywhere". In my defense I had yet to injest the required coffee for the morning.

I did think to mention to him that I might perhaps need a treat upon his return from the outside world. A slice of that new Lava Cake featured on menu would work. (Husband is a chef)

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my site. Yeah, I hope you to get to damned chilled while walking along the beach......

Do, seriously, hope you get some of that Lava Cake. Don't know what it is, but I'm picturing molten chocolate and lots 'o it!

Hope your little ones are feeling better soon as well. Stuck in the house with sick kiddos is zero fun.
You know your husband did the Happy Dance in his car all the way back to work, right?

smalltownme said...

You've had a fun time since the party [said sarcastically]. That one car thing scares me!

smalltownme said...

P.S. Did you ever get the Lava Cake?

Echo said...

No, no Lava Cake. But he came home wanting to move to the yellow house. So I think that is better than Lava Cake!